17 oktober 2010

Avaaz

means voice in several languages. It is a global community that gather all of the world's individual voices into one strong, united stand against global warming, human- and animal rights violations etc. 
www.Avaaz.org started in Januar 2007 and has grown to 5.5 million members all over the globe. 
The Economist  writes of Avaaz' power to "give world leaders a deafening wake-up call"; the  Indian Express heralds "the biggest web campaigner across the world, rooting for crucial global issues.” and  Suddeutsche Zeitung calls Avaaz "a transnational community that is more democratic, and could be more e ffective than the United Nations.”
Former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown says Avaaz "has driven forward the idealism of the world." Al Gore says "Avaaz is inspiring… it has already made a significant difference.” Zainab Bangura, the foreign minister of Sierra Leone, describes Avaaz as "an ally, and a rallying place, for disadvantaged people everywhere to help create real change.”
We are a powerful voice to be reckoned with! Already we have stopped a proposal to re-legalise commercial whale hunting, pushed a law to protect the glaciers in Argentina and won, reversed a law that would have given a large area of the rainforest in Brazil over for agri-exploitation and so much more!


Become involved and make your voice strong, together we can make a difference. 

----------------

Apart from signing petitions I have been out for a powerwalk/run in the park in the gorgeous weather! I decided to go back out again since the sun blessed us with her lovely presence. Sat on a bench and read some before going home to clean and cook. I love a clean flat and today I swear I surpassed myself. For the first time I made lasagne and I kid you not it was the best thing I've ever eaten! I bet it'll never be nearly as good ever again, that's always the case but I at least have three more portions... I'm longing for tomorrow and another portion of lasagne... mmmmmm


I need to remember to bring a bag when food shopping since I refuse to buy plastic bags now. It ends with me having to carry it all in my hands and people glancing at me with wondering eyes, whereas I usually can't buy everything I need and have to go a second time. But at least I'm not wasting bags and I'm getting extra exercise...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar