What you can do then...
- most importantly: refuse to eat bluefin tuna. If you love sushi like I do, ask them to replace the tuna, and if you have the guts, tell them why you don't want to eat bluefin tuna and encourage them to stop serving it
- inform everyone you know about the issue; knowledge is power and can do more than you think. Individually we can do a little, together we can do a lot (cheesy I know!)
- write to the ICCAT (Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas) and CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) and ask them firmly to take their responsibility in the protection of the oceans. It doesn't even take two minutes out of your time...
- You can also write your embassies to push this harder
- You can join movements such as Greenpeace, Howtosavetheblufin.com etc
If you have anymore ideas how to help please share it!