24 mars 2013

Hold on my love


This week has been all about catching up on studies yet there has been very little progress on that front...

Photo: Shane Thaw, UC Photography
My internship is going well and I'm really enjoying it. It's very grass roots and the people are amazing! I might, might, be heading up to Broome to join the blockade when Woodside wants to start drilling in the dunes where the Indigenous peoples' ancestors are buried. The Indigenous spirituality is strongly linked to the  Land, it is earth-centred rather than god-centred, which is why this act is so condemnable. 


Spiritual Song of the Aborigine

I am a child of the Dreamtime People
Part of this Land, like the gnarled gumtree
I am the river, softly singing
Chanting our songs on my way to the sea
My spirit is the dust-devils
Mirages, that dance on the plain
I'm the snow, the wind and the falling rain
I'm part of the rocks and the red desert earth
Red as the blood that flows in my veins
I am eagle, crow and snake that glides
Thorough the rain-forest that clings to the mountainside
I awakened here when the earth was new
There was emu, wombat, kangaroo
No other man of a different hue
I am this land
And this land is me
I am Australia.
Poem by Hyllus Maris.
If you want to know more about the beautiful Kimberley region then visit www.savethekimberley.com

Yesterday Katherine came over for dinner and a very unproductive study sesh. She ended up staying the night and we had a bit more productive morning thankfully! Later in the arvo we met up with Naz at moore&moore café.
 We had a sneak peak at the Hearts and Vessels exhibition by Errol McMahon
Hold on
Hooked on you

Sculptures by the Sea in Cottesloe

There were so many people there that we decided to leave quite quickly...
Back to trying to study....

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar